Friday 13 January 2012

Creative Friday: Trivets, Skirt and Handmade Holiday

Today I'm joining Natural Suburbia's Creative Friday.

This week I have, of course, been working on my Valentine Swap project. So much fun!

I have also been making some little patchwork trivets out of vintage fabric to brighten up the kitchen.


I made this skirt for Pip inspired by Oliver+S Lazy Days Skirt pattern. I intend to make some more for the girls, perhaps over the weekend.


And finally, here are some pictures of some of my Handmade Holiday knits. Patterns and other details can be found on my Ravelry page.

Little Kina doll sweater
The girls love their Wintry Cowls 

Nicholas neck warmer

And last but not least, I want to share these pictures of Lulu wearing the new pinafore she received at Christmas. It was made by one of Santa's helpers, a very talented lady over at Heirloom Seasons shop.




7 comments:

  1. Lovely projects, all of them! I love your fabric choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhh Sarah, I love your trivets so much! But You may have already known that I would. We seem to have similar taste in vintage fabrics!
    Well I am so happy to know that you are the one who bought the pinafore. Your girls are so sweet, it's neat to see a picture of it on your daughter.
    Happy weekend to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I love the pinafore, too. I'd actually love it for myself. You and Renee really do have similar taste as I thought those trivets were hers until I read that you did them. I think I have some of those fabrics, too. Love it all! And the neckwarmers, I also made some for my children, but I made up my pattern. Enjoy your weekend.
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your comments and your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! And how exotic your life must be. I'm so glad you posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can it possibly be that I have never discovered your blog before?? Your photos, your writing, your trivets and other exquisite handmade things and your family are all just inspiringly beautiful! It looks an amazing life you are all creating. Thank you so much for sharing it here. I'm off to look around now :)

    ReplyDelete