Wednesday 27 July 2016

Knitting and Reading

Joining Ginny at Small Things for Yarn Along…


I'm currently working on my second (love this pattern!) Pretty Basic shawl and just finished reading Remarkable Creatures, a fascinating story that I very highly recommend. 

Another book that I finished reading not long ago is The Last Midwife by Sandra Dallas. I thought I should mention it here as well, since I would also highly recommend it, I just couldn't put it down (as is the case with many Sandra Dallas books!).
SaveSave
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Coucou Sarah ! Quel est le sujet de ces deux livres ? J'ai fini True Sisters, et j'ai vraiment beaucoup aimé ! Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allo Michele, pour le premier, c'est l'histoire de Mary Anning, des premières chercheuses de fossiles renommées, une belle histoire d'amitié, une histoire de femmes remarquables et passionnées et qui se passe sur les plages d'Angleterre au 19e siècle.

    Le deuxième c'est l'histoire d'une sage femme parmi les pionniers des montagnes du Colorado, une bonne intrigue avec des personnages attachants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn is very captivating with the earthy strands combined with a bright blue sky colour. I'll have to read the Last Midwife. I've just recently discovered Sandra Dallas and I am totally addicted having read two of her books.

    ReplyDelete